One step that is often overlooked in the tender writing process is the review and the Final stage that totally is the most pivotal one:
Reviewing a tender submission proves to be the most tedious task as the total Nub of the Tenders Documents resides on it. If your draft document is not lucid it gives an uncertain purview to your Tenders, Bids and deviates the sole purpose of the Government Projects. Having another person reviewing your tender document responses ahead of submission is crucial for many reasons as it totally affects the bid document and its effective meaning.
Therefore let’s have a glance at the five main reasons a review can be beneficial in winning you a contract and improving your success rates to a higher level.
- You might be non-compliant– Bid and tender submissions often include various Excel spreadsheets, and supporting documents along with it. Generally our tender document is uploaded via online portals and hence there arises a situation of things getting unticked. Being a project manager it roots the sole responsibility to overcome a situation where a slight minute failure leads to ultimate top down of essence of the tender document.
- Improving the Standard- He is the one best at who can review it to that level where your document signifies to a standard mark up and quality. A reviewer who can point out the critical points proves to be more significant to make your tender document more impact. Ultimately this could make a difference of a few marks; and this could be those few marks that are between you and your main competitor.
- Thinking from the evaluation’s Standpoint- A review can cross check that you have responded to the tender in the way it intends and whether it can grabs the actual realistic view of it. The main aim is to put ourselves to evaluation’s perspective which emulsifies the viewpoint and helps to identify what the buyer is looking for.
- You can’t see the wood for the trees- Small slips which tends to be the main crux of the tender document proves to be very noteworthy and essential. You being a Project Manager need to identify the areas which are too minute but their effect to the tenders are vulnerable.
- Do not deviate from the actual essence– Let your tender document draft be unambiguous and effective enough to transfer the exact meaning and its purpose to reader’s mind and can make a concrete image of itself.
Therefore in order to create a robust impact of your draft tender document on market economy it entirely becomes predominant to have a unambiguous tender document with a thorough review attached towards it.